Friday, August 19, 2011
Why Buy Yarn From Me?
I hope you all have had a nice summer...it's hard to believe that August will be over in less than 2 weeks! It's sad in a way - summer is my favorite time of year...but gearing up for the holidays is always exciting, too!
I've spent much of the summer stocking up on yarn for coming season. It's about that time. I see Christmas merchandise already out at Michael's (forget Halloween!), so it's time for me to get all my yarns listed...and fast!
This morning I've been thinking about what I have to offer the knitters, crocheters and weavers of this country, and I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you what I'm all about and the benefits of shopping in one of my on-line stores!
1. I love to crochet, and even though I'm not a yarn expert, I do have a passion for yarn, its uses, and have the best time selling it on-line as a small business/full-time hobby. I learn more and more every day. I'm a yarn-a-holic.
2. I have a low markup. I shop bargains and purchase in bulk, and I pass the savings along to you. I'm a bargain shopper no matter what I'm buying for myself, so I want to give you deals, too. I wouldn't be me if I did it any other way!
3. No minimum orders! I don't care if you buy a $1.00 item from me - I will ship it and it will receive the same care and consideration as any other purchase.
4. I keep my shipping charges low. I calculate my shipping prices based on actual postage rates, cost of my packaging materials, and the amount of gas it takes for me to drive to my local post offices! I also offer combined shipping rates, saving you even more money when you make multiple purchases!
One of the advantages of my low prices and low shipping costs is that you can buy one or a few skeins of yarn at a decent overall price (item cost + shipping). Some of the bigger guys require either a minimum purchase of $35.00, $50.00 or more to even buy yarn from them, or they may charge very high shipping prices for very small orders. Compare prices - shopping with me may save you a little money if you're looking to buy just a skein or two.
5. Safe packaging. I ship yarns in puncture-resistant water-proof poly envelopes. For added protection, yarn is sealed in a plastic bag and wrapped in tissue paper or bubble wrap.
6. Consistently quick shipping. On all of my store sites, I indicate that items will be sent within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment. This is a safety net for me, in case I run into an emergency and can't get packages out right away. But normally, packages are in the mail same or next business day.
7. I accept PayPal as payment. It's safe and secure - use your PayPal balance to pay, or you can use your credit card through PayPal. All I see is your e-mail address - as a seller, I never see credit card numbers. I use it myself, whenever possible, to make my own purchases!
8. I value my customers! I want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, so if something isn't what you thought it was, or if it somehow gets damaged along the way, you can return it for a full refund.
9. Finally, I have a fun selection of yarns!!! Because I shop deals, my selection always varies, but I try to keep a little bit of everything in stock: wool blends; cotton; mohair; higher end ribbon and novelty yarns; bargain yarns; eyelash/fur styles; bulky, worsted, sport, double knitting and fingering weight yarns; and more!
So next time you're yarn shopping, please keep me in mind...here's where you can find me:
YarnPal on Zibbet - Sale on this weekend - 10% off storewide! Save an additional 5% with coupon code BLOG5
YarnPal on Bonanza - Use coupon code BLOG15 to save 15% off your next order. Free shipping, too!
AlisonDesigns on Etsy - Use coupon code BLOG15 to save 15% off your next order!
atruslow on eBay - New auctions coming soon - best deals!!!
Posted by Alison at Friday, August 19, 2011